Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Part II

Scarecrows are the name of the game. The 2nd annual Scarecrow building competition was held about a week ago at the Negley Elementary School grounds. I'm happy to say that my "Snowy The Scarecrow" took 2nd place (to the Southwest Airlines traveling scarecrow) in Most Original. Last year my broom-headed scarecrow took first ( I had it in my garage so I took it out and it was included in this year's judging and got honorable mention).


DSCF1939.jpg
Broom Head (vintage 2006 by me)

DSCF1937.jpg
Aluminum Foil Man has seen better days.

DSCF1936.jpg
Ghost-crow

DSCF1934.jpg
Ready to catch a flight...

DSCF1935.jpg
Perhaps they should have gone for paper....not plastic.

DSCF1932.jpg
Get wiggy with it...

DSCF1931.jpg
The grand prize winner

DSCF1929.jpg
This kid-crow rocks!


Hope you enjoyed these... I thought they were pretty inventive over-all.
Happy Tuesday.

4 comments:

Steve Cuddihy said...

What a great contest and some great photos to match. Well done.

Jim Klenke said...

Its always fun when people have a chance to be creative. They all look great.

Scarlet said...

You mean "get wiggy with it" didn't win the grand prize? Come on!

Jilly said...

What fabulous scarecrows. Great stuff. Well done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...