Thursday, September 20, 2007

They'll level Paradise... to put up a CVS


My title is a play on the Joni Mitchell song "Big Yellow Taxi" if you didn't get that on the first read. This is one of the first places I ate in Kyle, The Paradise Restaurant. Apparently (check my facts if you will) the entire lot here, consisting of about 5 places of business, was sold in order to make room for a CVS Pharmacy. I'm pretty happy about the CVS coming in so I'll be able to pick up my perscriptions in town instead of taking an extra trip to San Marcos (about 7 miles south of us) and I think it'll be a 24-hour business.

On a sad note, this restaurant was pretty much a Kyle institution. Many a family ate dinner 'round the table at Paradise. This is the second "old town Kyle" restaurant I've noticed that closed in recent memory. Fonzie'z closed a few weeks ago, the family retired. I took a photo of Fonzie'z here in August 2006. So, Paradise and Fonzie'z will be missed.

Anyhow. I thought I'd capture a photo of this place before its torn down. Happy Thursday y'all.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...