Claiborne Kyle Log House (History Lesson)
Claiborne Kyle Log House -
Claiborne and Lucy Bugg Kyle married in 1829 in Tennessee and moved to Texas in 1844. In 1850, they built this massive log house on a bluff overlooking the Blanco River where they, their eight children and one adopted son lived. Built of huge cedar logs, the four-pen, linear dog -trot house has four rooms, each about 16 feet square lined up, two on either side of the dog trot. The home has been restored and furnished by the Kyle Log House Commission. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places. On County Rd. 136 southwest of Kyle.
(Information taken from http://www.traveltex.com)