Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Rainy Day activity.

So, it was cold and rainy the other day... so we stayed inside. We'd gone to Hobby Lobby in San Marcos to find some things for the kiddos Halloween costumes. I found these suncatchers on sale so I thought it'd be a fun activity with the kiddos.

Harper made the bee. She had fun.. but I realized 2.5 is a little too young to expect her to keep paying attention for a long period of time. I did the flower. It was almost too much for MY short attention span.
Harper did the bee. I did the flower

Here's a close up of the flower before cooking.
These are harder than they look

Here's how they all came out. When my 5 year old got home she did the butterfly. I pretty much did the rest.. with their help.
Suncatchers - done

Overall, it was a pretty neat time. Good for some fun on a rainy day. I think I'll wait until they are older to attempt this again though.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...