Thursday, March 31, 2011


Steeplechase Park and Plum Creek Clean-Up
http://www.kylechamber.org/EventCalendarItem.php?Events_ID=77
This was one of the four kids I dragged with me to this important event. This one is my own spawn, but two other sets of parents let me subject their offspring to three hours of mist and filth to get this delicate hydrological area spiffed up. The head of a watershed is a spot in which all the drainage of a region eventually finds itself. And Plum Creek is an especially beautiful watershed, host to a delicate ecosystem and the subject of the first official watershed protection program approved by the United States Environmental Protection Agency. To me, it is the creek where my children hold races with leaf boat and count waterbugs and explore surface tension break when they whack the creek with sticks. To me, this is home.

2 comments:

hobbledog said...

Forgive me... the first TEXAS watershed protection program approved by the US EPA.

Sean Claes said...

This is awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...