Friday, October 03, 2008

Helen Soja (August 1, 1922 - October 3, 2006)




Today it has been two years since my grandmother, Helen Soja, passed away. This photo was taken in 2002, the last time she visited our home in Kyle, Texas.

On October 25, I'm going to be participating in the Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk® in her honor. If you'd like to donate, please visit this link: www.memorywalk.kintera.org/sanmarcos/seanclaes.

'If you visit my page on the Memory Walk you can read some of my memories about her, and see another great photo of her and I from 2002 when Jodie (my wife) and I took her on an “Austin Adventure” Complete with an Austin Duck Tour, trip to Lady Bird Johnson’s Wildflower Center, and a shake from Hut’s Hamburgers.

I miss you Grandma.

2 comments:

Hope said...

A fine post which brought a tear to my eye. Good luck with the Memory Walk. Alzheimer's has touched my family and my husband's family. A wonderful photo of your beloved Grandma too.

Hilda said...

A beautiful tribute to your grandma. Good luck with the memory walk.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...