Thursday, October 06, 2011

Friday is the Hootenanny on the Hill in the Plum Creek Neighborhood. If you're in Kyle... c'mon out. Click the link to learn more... there's A LOT to do... from a wildflower seed and stomp to a BBQ contest, to live music, to a Pet Fest at the dog park... and more...

My favorite part about the Hootenanny is the Scarecrow making contest. My family has done it every year. I won't tell you what this year's attempt will be.. but I will share our scarecrow entries since it began... in 2006.

DSCF1939.jpg
2006 brought this broom-headed masterpiece.

Snowy the Scarecrow
In 2007 we went for "Snowy The Scarecrow."

Mr. Rocker
This one is called "Mr. Rocker." He was our 2008 entry.

Hay Mon - The Claes Family Scarecrow
"Hay Mon" was our 2009 scarecrow. I used a kickball for the head.

Plum Creek Neighborhood 2010 Scarecrows
2010 was "Count Trashcula"

So... there's no telling what 2011's will be. Well.. I could tell you.. but I won't.
:)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...