Thursday, August 27, 2009



Done for the day and trying to find a little shade...

Our neighborhood pool is a happy place. When you hang out there for a while, you start to know the American family isn't in any jeopardy at all; that it's really thriving in all its patterns and permutations, whatever they may be. And we are certainly equalized by our need to cool off. While this photo was being taken, I was explaining to my son that God gave us a little built-in air conditioner. He says, "Is it the size of one of those little hamburgers?" as if we had a miniature HVAC somewhere nestled alongside the left lung or something. "No," I explained, "we sweat and wind moves across our bodies and cools the water." He says, "I think your hat is my good air conditioner."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...